Tuesday, December 11, 2007

OUR MOTHER


My mom came to KL a week after Hari Raya Puasa and stayed with my sisters in Bangi and Puchong. I picked her up from Puchong on Monday 3rd Dec for a week's stay at my house.
A few days ago, Mimi (my youngest daughter) spoke to her all the way from Dublin, and spoke for quite a considerable length of time, inspite of the distance (and cost). My mom was grinning from ear to ear after that conversation with her cucu. She was very proud of this cucu of hers who incidentally, possesses some resemblance with my mom's mother! And that's my late grandmother (Mok Bidoh), Mimi's great grandmother.


My mom could not stop talking about her phone conversation with Mimi. And as she now likes to do, she repeats most of her conversation and I was enjoying the repeated stories, sometimes twice a day!
She talked about giving Mimi a "doa" to recite when meeting difficult people. Mimi had one in the office and she did mentioned this to us several times before. Mimi had applied the doa. The difficult lady had turned "easy". I told my mom and she was overjoyed that Mimi had indeed applied the doa.
Mimi plans to return for a short holiday in March and had told my mom she missed the real Nasi Kerabu. My mom will be returning back to Kota Bharu in a week's time and will most likely remained there for sometimes.
As all mothers (and grandmothers) are, my mom will now wait for Mimi's return in March. She will cook the Nasi Kerabu and Mimi shall take the trip back to KB for her Nasi Kerabu. Of course, I need to chaperon Mimi back to KB, to make sure she has her fill......

No comments: