Saturday, May 9, 2009

ANY DAY WE WISH

This surely is one of my very favorite quotes from a motivational guru, Jim Rohn:

"What we ponder and what we think about sets the course of our life. Any day we wish; we can discipline ourselves to change it all. Any day we wish, we can open the book that will open our mind to new knowledge. Any day we wish, we can start a new activity. Any day we wish, we can start the process of life change. We can do it immediately, or next week, or next month, or next year.
"We can also do nothing. We can pretend rather than perform. And if the idea of having to change ourselves makes us uncomfortable, we can remain as we are. We can choose rest over labor, entertainment over education, delusion over truth, and doubt over confidence. The choices are ours to make"
So friends, any day you wish, you can always start a new activity.

2 comments:

Al-Manar said...

I do not wish to spend my time reading endlessly the blogs I encounter in the vast blog world. Nor do I wish to read what many write about whatever crosses their minds. I do it any day I plan and read those that I imagine can be relaxing or benefitial to me. I like your quotes. They are common sense. Yet, there are numerous activities which common sense tells us to do we do not do. We get carried away comfortably following our course of habits, be it of benefit or otherwise. You organise your modules and lectures and plan your track activities. I salute you for that. Really people like you do not need to be reminded of ‘any day we wish’. Perhaps, when we realise our time is not really ours, we value it and force ourselves to plan something.
For all the reasons you know too well, I choose to do it my way, and you your way. We just hope that it will not all go to waste, dear arz

ARZ said...

Pak Chik,

Thank you for your words of encouragement.

Just today, I played golf with a friend who complained that he was overweight and he found so much difficulty to reduce his weight.

I simply told him that if he keeps doing the same thing everyday, he cannot expect to get different results. Again, as you correctly pointed out, common sense!

I hope to convert another cyclist soon!